1856 Michigan

$ 250.00

Date: 1856 (published) Dimensions: 15.5 x 12.5 inches (39.37 x 31.75 cm) This colorful map of Michigan displays the true movement and increase of population from the south of the state to the north. While the bottom 40% of the state has been filled in with numerous towns canals roads and rail roads the other 60% of the state remains virtually uninhabited and absent of virtually any development minus the predetermined layout of the counties some of which will later be broken up even further into more counties. Condition: Map is in A condition minus some toning along the edges.